Among the fruits of this season is strawberry ... tender, juicy, very fragrant, easy to eat and a very healthy treat for our children. Being a seasonal fruit are fresher, they retain all their nutrients and are very attractive to your pocket as they have a better price.
Properties and benefits of strawberries
- It is rich in vitamins and minerals. They are a good source of vitamin C, E, K, B6 and minerals like manganese, folic acid, iron, copper, magnesium, phosphorus.
- Vitamin C enhances the absorption of iron from food, so it is useful in cases of anemia.
- Helps enhance the health of your bones they are high in magnesium, potassium and vitamin K,
- They are good for the eyes, as it contains flavonoids (anthocyanins) protect capillaries in the retina.
- They are rich in antioxidants. It contains a high amount of bioflanovoides and anthocyanins, a plant pigments that give strawberries their red color, these along with vitamin C components act against free radicals in the body.
- Strawberries polyphenols protect the heart from cardiovascular disease.
- Rich in water (85%), help cleanse the body of toxins and promote the good condition of the skin. diuretic and detoxifying effect of blood.
- They are a natural anti-inflammatory, containing phenols, also help fight inflammation in the body the same way as do compounds such as aspirin or ibuprofen.
- Rich in fiber, fighting constipation, help regulate cholesterol levels and blood glucose and are useful in preventing some cancers such as colon.
- Strawberries are low in calories so they are ideal in tracking diets or just to keep us on our weight.
- His sugars are totally tolerated by diabetics. They have a glycemic index of 40, which is relatively low. No cause large blood sugar spikes, and therefore are considered safe for diabetics.
- Strawberries genuine natural toothpaste are also considered. They are used to whiten teeth, but also because of its antibacterial properties, prevent tooth decay and tartar formation. They are also a great remedy for gum problems, bleeding gums and gingivitis detoxifying juice
A fresh and easy to digest juice contains large amounts of nutrients and these are absorbed almost instantly by the body (10-25 min).
- 2 Large green apples
- 1/2 peeled Lima
- 3 cups whole strawberries
If possible, use organic strawberries as strawberries is one of the more crops sprayed with pesticides and other chemicals.