If you are one of those who like to keep in shape and also enjoy your holidays doing sports, La Gomera is the right destination. Both the incredible nature and the climate that characterise the island are the perfect ingredients to practice different sports that, in addition, will allow you to discover all its charm throughout the year.
Here are 5 sports that you can practice in La Gomera:
- Diving and water activities. The crystal waters of the Atlantic Ocean that bathe our island allow the practising of diving activities, which are a unique experience both for those who are experts and for those who are beginners in this sport. The La Gomera seabed is home to infinitely many species, some of which are unique, as no two dives are the same, and irreplaceable images will be taken of each one. In our Laurel Club you will find Splash Gomera, a diving and water activities centre where you can practice snorkelling, paddle board, kayak, and diving courses adapted to your level of experience. There are plenty of places to practice these sports, including the Gran Rey valley, which is barely 30 minutes from our hotel, taking the Benchi Express at the pier of the Santiago beach, which is a 10 minutes’ walk from our Laurel Club.
- Trekking. If you are more into land activities, trekking in La Gomera is another of the great attractions that the island has to offer for you to discover all its beauty. The trails that make up La Gomera are endless and will take you to spectacular places such as the Garajonay National Park. From the different viewpoints that you will encounter on the track, you will be able to enjoy the immensity of La Gomera in all its splendour.
- Cycling. Another way to do sport and discover La Gomera is on two wheels. Discovering the island to the rhythm of your pedals can become an unrepeatable experience that you can organise through hour hotel’s agencies. Once on the bicycle you will be able to visit the Alto de Garajonay, El Cedro, Hermigua or Vallehermoso.
- Golf But if what you like is golf, our hotel has a golf course, the only one on the island, Tecina Golf. A golf course with 18 holes overlooking the sea, and surrounded by spectacular Canary Island nature and views of the Teide volcano on the neighbouring island, Tenerife. In addition, at Tecina Golf you can learn to play or practice your game and participate in the different tournaments that take place on our course.
- Facilities and activities. La Gomera offers countless possibilities to practice sports and so does the Jardín Tecina Hotel. In addition to Tecina Golf, our facilities have different spaces where you can practise some of your favourite sports and also keep fit during your holidays.
- Multisport. If you want to practice shared or team sports, there are tennis, paddle tennis and squash courts, a beach volleyball court and even an area to play pétanque.
- Relax. On the other hand, if you want to activate both your body and mind, activities such as yoga, Pilates, meditation and pranayama will also be available to you.
- Resistance and flexibility. For those who are more demanding and wish to work on their endurance and physical condition, CrossFit, Tabata and running activities, among others, will be ideal for them. In addition, there is a fully equipped gym with cardiovascular equipment and a weight training zone.
Do you want to exercise during your holidays? Choose the Jardín Tecina Hotel!