Hiking is one of the most popular activities of La Gomera. As we walk through the beautiful landscape of this unspoiled Canary island, we breathe fresh air while practicing a very healthy exercise. Besides being healthy, hiking allows you to discover amazing scenery and even make new friends along the way.
Hiking gives us a simple way to get in shape. People of all ages can perform different types of routes, depending on difficulty and own physical conditions.
If you are not convinced, we give you 6 reasons to start:
- Walking is an excellent cardiovascular exercise that activates our heart and decreases the chance of heart disease, improving the efficiency of the heart.
- Strengthens bones, hiking helps strengthen your bones. It also helps relieve back pain and prevent osteoporosis.
- Improves muscle strength, as walking trails with uneven helps you exercise motor skills normally not used on your daily life.
- It is an excellent way to combat stress. Like any exercise, increases the production of endorphins in our body (hormones that are associated with positive moods and happiness), reducing its main symptoms: low energy, lack of motivation and depression. The contact with nature, away from the noise and stress of cities, brings us peace and tranquility.
- It helps you burn calories while enjoying the scenery. Being in constant motion, helps losing body fat.
- Frequent hiking will allow you to clear your lungs and make you breathe much better, reducing the risk of respiratory diseases.
You can practice with family, friends. Starting at the early age of four, we can take our children with us on short routes. If they are less than three years old, there is specific equipment to carry them on your back, allowing you to enjoy nature in the company of your baby.
Ideally, walk in a relaxing way, feeling nature, it is recommended to practice this activity relaxed and comfortably without any portable music players devices or any other distractions that could interfere with your connection to the environment around you.
La Gomera is the ideal destination for hiking, what are you waiting for?
For further information: