With a sweet flavor with a touch of acidity, this delicious and refreshing fruit has a high amount of vitamins and minerals important for the body. The months of April and May are the collection and therefore is the best time for consumption.
Properties and benefits of loquat, also called Japanese plum:
- They are very low in calories.
- High in soluble fiber (pectin) helps fight constipation and protect the lining of the colon.
- It is very good diuretic due to its potassium and organic acids.
- Loquats help control the level of blood cholesterol.
- They are very rich in carotenes and vitamin A, caring skin and eyes.
- Vitamin C and B vitamins, such as folic acid, vitamin B6 and niacin.
- Lots of antioxidants that contribute and help fight free radicals.
- It is rich in minerals such as iron, copper, calcium and manganese, among others. Magnesium participates in the synthesis of antioxidant enzymes, and copper and iron are used to produce red blood cells.
- Potassium containing loquats helps control blood pressure.
- Advisable in weight loss diets (feeling of fullness).
- Loquat consumption will help us take care of our skin.
- It is very low sodium content.
- Beneficial effects of pectin, in case of diarrhea, to retain water and slow intestinal transit.
- Attention must be very careful not to ingest the seeds of loquats as they are very toxic and can cause health problems. Be especially careful that these seeds are not swallowed by children.
This recipe loquat juice and red fruits is perfect to purify your body and help you lose weight.
- 250 grams of loquat, deboned course
- 100 grams of cranberries100 grams of strawberries
- 100 grams of cherries without bones
- Two orange juice