The papaya is a large tropical fruit that is grown in several regions of the world, including the Canary Islands. This fruit is becoming increasingly popular due to its nutritional qualities, delicious taste and many health benefits.
Papaya has a sweet taste, a vibrant and striking colour and is a very healthy food. In fact, many Indian tribes used it as a treatment for different conditions.
Papaya can be eaten on its own, although it is increasingly present in juices and smoothies, and even in salads. Of course, the piece of fruit will be tastier, the more natural the growing process and one of the most delicious papayas you can taste are at Hotel Jardín Tecina. More specifically at our Eco Finca, where we grow local fruit and vegetables organically to make them retain their authentic flavour.
Here are some of the benefits of papaya, a rich cocktail of vitamins, minerals and amino acids:
- Zeaxanthin is an antioxidant that filters out blue light rays and protects eye health and age-related macular degeneration.
- It contains a lot of vitamin C (essential for the immune system) and also vitamin A and B. In addition to calcium, potassium and magnesium.
- It is useful for digestive problems as it reduces inflammation and restores the tissue in an amazing way, in addition to reducing cholesterol.
- It prevents colon and prostate cancer with its large amount of fibre and all the vitamin nutrients it has.
- It is anti-inflammatory and can be ingested or applied externally to the skin. It is even used for disc herniation or rheumatoid arthritis.
- Its seeds have antibacterial, antiparasitic and antifungal properties and are anti-ageing.
- Papaya has very few calories and is very filling, so it is very recommendable in slimming diets.
- It also helps the body recover after heavy physical exertion. It is ideal for an athlete's diet.
- The risks of developing asthma are lower in people who consume high amounts of beta-carotene, which is found in foods such as papaya, apricots, broccoli, cantaloupe, pumpkin and carrots.
Don’t miss out the opportunity to try papaya while staying with us.