We want to take care of you and make sure you look after yourself at the Jardín Tecina Hotel.
At present, staying at home is essential for this situation to end, but doing so while taking care of your health will allow you to come back with much more strength when the time comes.
Sport helps to keep good health and prevents illnesses, so practising certain exercises that only require your body and mind will help you to cope with the current situation. Today, we will bring you closer to an ancient discipline that originated in India over 4,000 thousand years ago and that aims to improve your physical, mental and emotional condition. Do you know the benefits of yoga?
At the Jardín Tecina Hotel we do, and that is why we include it in the sports offer we make available to our clients, since we have always been committed, and will continue to be so, to this and other disciplines. This is the Harmony Fit programme, a group of activities in which, in addition to yoga, stretching, aquafit, running, Pilates, Tabata, CrossFit, GAP or personal training sessions are also included.
But today we will show it to those who still don't know yoga, through 10 reasons why you should practice yoga these days at home:
- Reduces anxiety and stress. Practising yoga regularly will reduce your anxiety and stress.
- Helps sleep better. Some studies have shown that people who do yoga take 10 minutes less on average to fall asleep, and the number of hours of sleep is also increased.
- Improves attention and work and academic performance. The attention to breathing and meditation that is included in yoga practice leads to achieving a more peaceful state of mind, moving away the nerves and stress from the pressure of studies and work.
- Strengthens bones and muscles. Yoga, if performed progressively, prevents lactic acid from building up in the body, strengthens bones by preventing loss of bone mass and enhances joint flexibility.
- Increases flexibility.Although the postures performed during yoga practice may seem very difficult at first, as you progress, they will help to promote muscle flexibility.
- Relieves chronic and postural pain. This discipline can be effective in relieving chronic pain such as neck, back or knee pain, low back pain, rheumatoid arthritis, sciatica or fibromyalgia.
- Reverses the ageing process. Some studies conclude that yoga and meditation help protect DNA from damage over the years. Its usual practice has a direct impact on telomerase, an enzyme that protects the telomeres, the ends of the chromosomes that are shortened in each cell division and that the longer they are, the longer they are expected to live.
- Burns calories. Practising yoga involves an average caloric expenditure of 7kcal/minute which can be the ideal complement to a weight loss diet.
- Improves breathing. “Yogi" breathing increases cell oxygenation. Breathing deeply and at a slow pace slows the heart rate and relaxes the muscles.
- Lowers cholesterol. The regular practice of yoga helps control blood pressure and the accumulation of fat in the arteries, which decreases the chance of a cardiovascular accident.
Right now, taking care of your body and mind is in your hands. When this situation is over, it will also be in our own hands, and Jardín Tecina Hotel we will be eager to doing this with you.